Get the best deals on your car insurance
Enter your zip code to see insurers near you.
Your information is secure.
We collected auto insurance quotes from leading insurers and found that the average monthly cost of insuring a Honda Accord is $175.64, or $2,107.65 per year. However, your actual cost will depend on your driving history, make of vehicle, where you live and other factors. And on some older models, insurance may cost less than others, depending on your vehicle's safety features and the insurance company you choose.
|2011 Honda Accord||102,90 $||91,74 $||161,05 $||176,03 $||132,93 $|
|Honda Accord 2016||131,08 $||104,47 $||185,43 $||167,58 $||147,14 $|
|Honda Accord 2021||117,07 $||122,76 $||217,14 $||245,58 $||175,64 $|
How do we get these prices?
Our pricing is based on a single driver aged 30 years with a clean driving record residing in California. California is one of only seven states that does not use gender to determine auto insurance costs. We have selected comprehensive auto insurance with liability limits that exceed the minimum requirements of the State of California, including:
- Personal Injury Liability per person: $50,000
- Personal injury liability for accident: $100,000
- Property damage liability: $50,000
- Full deductible: $500
- Collision Deductible: $500
- Medical Payments: $5,000
- Uninsured Driver Personal Injury: $50,000/$100,000
Get the cheapest deals for your Honda Accord
Enter your zip code to compare providers in your area.
Your information is safe
What Factors Affect Honda Accord Car Insurance Rates?
Both your location and your driving record can affect your likelihood of being involved in an accident. However, the vehicle you drive has a much bigger impact as performance, security features, theft rates and other details can vary by make and model.
And because providers consider your risk and claims filing costs when calculating your premiums, your choice of vehicle can directly affect your rates. That's how:
- body type.The Accord is a four-door sedan best suited for families or other light purposes. This can be one of the reasons why coverage is affordable.
- type of carThe Accord is a midsize sedan that starts at just over $20,000. It must be cheaper to insure than luxury or high-performance vehicles.
- Robot.The Honda Accord is one of the top stolen vehicles in the United States, which can increase insurance costs.
- to repair.Parts and service for the Honda Accord should be readily available, which will likely result in lower insurance premiums.
- Safety ratings.Accord has amazing safety ratings and features that can make car insurance cheaper.
- type of fuel.The gas version of the Honda Accord should be cheaper to insure than the hybrid version, mainly due to lower repair costs.
- Garnishes and Packages.The Honda Accord offers a range of safety and driver assistance options. Adding them can help lower your insurance costs.
How to compare Honda Accord insurance
As the Accord is a popular model with impressive safety ratings, finding a cover shouldn't be a problem. Knowing what to look for can make buying insurance easier and save you money if you play your cards right.
- Preis.Coverage can vary between providers, making price comparison difficult. Use the same driver and vehicle details when requesting quotes to accurately compare your options.
- deductible.Higher deductibles generally result in lower premiums, while lower deductibles increase the price. Choose an amount that suits your financial situation.
- minimum coverage.Each state has different coverage requirements. Make sure any potential policy meets your state's minimum requirements before committing.
- Additional coverage.Personal injury protection and health insurance are two of the many ways you can enhance your policy. Be sure to include any additional coverage options when requesting quotes from providers.
- Extras.Your policy may include features such as roadside assistance and accident forgiveness. If not, find out how much you'll have to pay for the extras and whether they're worth it.
- restrictions.Find out if there are any restrictions on your policy to avoid coverage gaps or denied claims.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount.Ask your dealer if you are eligible for manufacturer offers, loyalty discounts and possible savings on car insurance.
- Guarantee.Find out what your manufacturer or extended warranty covers to avoid paying for overlapping coverage.
Does the Honda Accord qualify for car insurance discounts?
The Accord is equipped with safety and driver assistance features that can prevent accidents or mitigate damage. While some features may qualify for car insurance discounts, you can lower your rates even further by adding features that improve visibility or safety.
- Anti-lock braking system discount
- anti-theft discount
- Discount on passive restraint systems (airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency travel assistance discount
Honda Accord Safety and Reliability Ratings
According to US News and J.D. Power The 2018 Honda Accord has a perfect score of 10/10 for safety. This is supported by NHTSA's highest possible scores in each category and the 2018 IIHS Maximum Safety Choice.
US News and J.D. Power gives the 2018 Honda Accord a 4/5 star reliability rating, which is better than most vehicles in its class.
The Honda Accord has been around since 1976, but since 1989 it has been one of the best selling cars in America. In 2016, more than 345,000 Honda Accords were sold in the United States. The 2017 model received a Top Safety Pick+ award from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and a 5-star rating from the National Highway Safety Administration.
Honda Accord maintenance
The Accord is designed to provide a comfortable and convenient driving experience, which means it requires little maintenance to stay on the road. But like most vehicles, routine maintenance visits to change the oil and inspect parts can help extend its life and ensure trouble-free operation.
- Honda does not have a recommended oil change schedule for the Accord. In fact, all newer vehicles are equipped with the Maintenance Minder system, which tells you when oil and other parts need to be changed.
- An oil change for the Accord should only cost you around $75 to $125, but your cost can vary depending on where you get it serviced. As a general rule, car dealerships tend to cost more than independent repair shops.
- See your Honda dealer or consult your owner's manual for more details on your Honda Accord's maintenance schedule.
Is it worth extending the Honda Accord warranty?
All new Honda vehicles come standard with a 3-year/36,000-mile limited vehicle warranty, plus a 5-year/60,000-mile limited powertrain warranty. Honda Genuine Accessories are also covered for 3 years or 36,000 miles if installed when the vehicle is purchased new. The Accord also comes with a 5 year/unlimited kilometer corrosion warranty and 24/7 roadside assistance.
Honda also offers some vehicle service contracts, which are essentially extended warranties. They include components, powertrains and a variety of benefits such as rental car reimbursement, 24/7 emergency concierge service and much more. While the Accord is generally considered a reliable vehicle, these service plans can protect your car after its original warranty has expired.
Compare Honda Competitors
Find out what other models Honda has to offer or explore completely different manufacturers for vehicles similar to the Accord.
The Honda Accord is a popular midsize sedan that offers a smooth and comfortable ride. It requires little maintenance and comes with a host of excellent safety and driver assistance features that add to its appeal.
The Accord is a relatively low-risk vehicle that would hold up well in an accident, which may be one reason why coverage is affordable. However, you can further reduce the cost of coverage by searching to find auto insurance discounts and prices from some of the top providers.